Vegetable Beef Soup
Vegetable Beef Soup is the perfect way to use up the last remnants of the summer garden. Full of tender chunks of beef and lots of veggies.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 2 pounds stew meat or top sirloin steak cut into 1-inch dice
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounce cans whole tomatoes, undrained and roughly chopped, 28-
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 small russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup green beans trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced okra
- kernels from 2 ears of corn
Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Season beef with salt and pepper and cook in oil until browned on all sides.
Add all tomatoes and tomato juice, chicken broth, onion, celery, sugar. salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil and reduce to a low simmer for 1 hour.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 more hour.