Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Coke®
A hearty Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Coke® with tender chunks of beef, onion, carrots, sweet potatoes, and peas is just the meal for a chilly fall night.
- 2.5 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- • 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) beef broth
- 1 heaping tablespoon heaping tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7.5-ounce) Coke® mini
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mini carrots
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces, or russet
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
Trim any excess fat from the chuck roast and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Combine flour, seasoned salt, and pepper in a large plastic bag. Add beef and shake to coat well.
Heat oil in a large pan. Add beef and cook until browned on all sides.
Place beef in crock pot.
Add onion to same pan, adding a little more oil if needed. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
Add tomato paste and enough beef broth to deglaze the pan, using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom.
Pour contents of pan into crock pot along with the rest of the can of beef broth and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT peas.
Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours. Add peas about 30 minutes before end of cooking.