German Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
German Chocolate Upside Down Cake is a very quick and easy cake to make using a box of German Chocolate cake mix.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut, divided
- 1 box German Chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients listed on box
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- whipped cream for serving, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the sides of a 9x13-inch pan.
Evenly pour melted butter into pan. Sprinkle brown sugar, pecans, and half of coconut on bottom of pan.
Make cake batter according to package directions, adding remaining coconut to batter.
Pour batter into pan.
Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and softened butter. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
Drop cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls onto top of batter.
Place in oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Great served with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.