Mocha Hot Cocoa
The coffee added to this Mocha Hot Chocolate enhances the chocolate flavor and provides a little caffeine boost to get through those busy holiday days.
Servings 4 servings
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener Granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- pinch salt
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sugar-free chocolate syrup, optional
- sugar-free whipped topping, optional
Place cocoa powder, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated and instant coffee in a medium pan.
Add boiling water and stir to combine. Place over medium heat. Stir for 1 minute.
Add a pinch of salt and stir in milk, half-and-half, and vanilla extract. Continue to heat until very warm.
Pour into mugs and top with sugar-free chocolate syrup and whipped topping if desired.