Butterscotch Whiskey Hot Chocolate
Two kinds of chocolate, unsweetened cocoa and semi-sweet chocolate chips, give this hot chocolate a deep chocolate flavor and some butterscotch-flavored Whiskey gives it a kick.
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup Whiskey Girl Butterscotch Whiskey
- Whipped Cream
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Whiskey Girl Butterscotch Whiskey
Make caramel sauce. Add butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in whiskey.
In a medium saucepan, stir together water, sugar, and cocoa powder and bring to a simmer.
Add chocolate chips and milk and stir and heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is very warm.
Mix in Whiskey.
Pour into 2 mugs. Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce.