Chunky Tomato Soup
A creamy and flavorful tomato soup made from both crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (28-ounce) can Tuttorosso® Crushed Tomatoes with basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can Tuttorosso® Diced Tomatoes in rich tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 small baguette
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
Sprinkle flour on top. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
Gradually stir in milk, and then both cans of tomatoes, basil, oregano, and chicken broth.
Bring just to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut baguette into 1-inch pieces and toss with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven and bake until crispy. Sprinkle cheese on top and return pan to oven until cheese is melted.