Jalapeno Beer Brats
Jalapeno Beer Brats are covered in caramelized onions, sauerkraut, melted swiss cheese, plus lots of jalapeno peppers.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 5 brats
- 1 (19-ounce) package Johnsonville® Brats
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained well
- 5 slices swiss cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced or 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 5 buns
Preheat grill to medium-low. Grill brats, turning occasionally, for about 20 minutes. (Meat should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees.)
While brats grill, heat oil and butter over medium heat in a nonstick pan. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
Line the bottom of each bun with sauerkraut.
Place a brat in each bun and top with onions, cheese, and jalapenos.
Top with mustard if desired.