Jalapeno Beer Brats
Jalapeno Beer Brats are covered in caramelized onions, sauerkraut, melted swiss cheese, plus lots of jalapeno peppers.
Servings 5 brats
- 1 (19-ounce) package Johnsonville® Brats
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained well
- 5 slices swiss cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced or 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 5 buns
Preheat grill to medium-low. Grill brats, turning occasionally, for about 20 minutes. (Meat should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees.)
While brats grill, heat oil and butter over medium heat in a nonstick pan. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
Line the bottom of each bun with sauerkraut.
Place a brat in each bun and top with onions, cheese, and jalapenos.
Top with mustard if desired.