These little bite-sized pumpkin tassies in a sugar cookie crust are cute little treats for the holiday season. They’d be perfect to set out on a tray so people can help themselves. No plates or utensils needed.
A few weeks ago I had fun cooking with Coffee-mate. Did you know that you could use Coffee-mate in recipes to add flavor and sweetness? I had no idea. But this is welcome knowledge since I always have Coffee-mate in my refrigerator.
My first attempt at using Coffee-mate was some Pumpkin Spice Bread French Toast and it was amazing. Then I used it in these Pumpkin Tassies and it did a great job of flavoring the pumpkin filling. I used Pumpkin Spice Coffee-mate which is my favorite flavor to put in my coffee this time of year.
I also used some Coffee-mate to flavor up the whipped cream. Fabulous! If you didn’t think whipped cream could get any better, it can.
Some crunchy pecans and a sweet sugar cookie crust finish the recipe off.
Mini Pumpkin Tassies in Sugar Cookie Crust
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Coffee-mate
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Sugar Cookie Crust
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Coffee-mate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, egg, Coffee-mate, and half-and-half. Whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- To make dough, combine flour, baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cream of tartar, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Whisk to remove any lumps.
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula once or twice.
- Add vanilla and then eggs one at a time, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl between egg additions.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour and mix just until blended.
- Spray mini muffin tins lightly with cooking spray. Have some flour available to dip your fingers in to prevent dough from sticking. Using a scant tablespoon of dough per muffin cup, use your fingers to press dough along the bottom and up the sides of the muffin cups.
- Fill each dough-lined cup almost to the top with filling. Top with pecans.
- Place in oven and bake 10-12 minutes. Let tassies cool in pan for several minutes before removing.
- For whipped cream, using a cold bowl and beater, with an electric mixer beat heavy cream at high speed until medium peaks are achieved. Beat in coffee-mate.