Reuben Pinwheels are a fun party food based on my very favorite sandwich. Corned beef, swiss cheese, and sauerkraut, along with a little cream cheese and Thousand Island dressing are rolled up in puff pastry, cut into spirals, and baked until golden. Serve them with extra Thousand Island dressing or mustard sauce for dipping and you have a fun and delicious game day food.
This Crock Pot Reuben Dip is also a great party appetizer.
Reuben Pinwheels are perfect for a party because they can be assembled ahead of time. Roll the filling up in the puff pastry, wrap in plastic wrap, and keep in the refrigerator until party time. Then all you have to do is slice them and bake them.
They only take about 20 minutes to bake. Serve them warm from the oven. They’re just as good if not better than a reuben sandwich. Buttery puff pastry is hard to beat. 🙂
Never miss a recipe. CLICK HERE to Subscribe.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- ½ cup saeurkraut, squeezed in paper towels to remove liquid
- 6 slices deil-sliced corned beef
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- More Thousand Island for serving
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry to flatten creases. I also like to increase the length and width by about ½ to 1-inch.
- Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon of water and lightly brush top surface of puff pastry egg mixture.
- Lay slices of swiss cheese on top of puff pastry, overlapping slightly, and coming to within ½-inch of edges.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and Thousand Island dressing. Spread on top of cheese layer.
- Evenly place sauerkraut on top of cream cheese layer.
- Lay corned beef slices on top of sauerkraut.
- Starting at one end, roll pastry up jellyroll style. Brush far edge of pastry with egg wash and press to seal it to the roll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes. (Or you can refrigerate for 1-2 hours)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paperor spray with cooking spray.
- Cut roll of pastry into 16-18 slices and evenly space them on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with extra Thousand Island dressing for dipping.
More Reuben Favorites
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.