I made a delicious recipe using SPLENDA® Sweetener Products as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps.
As we approach the holiday season, I’m always looking for ways to cut the sugar. As you can probably tell, I have a major sweet tooth.
And I’m not alone in my love of sweets. On average, Americans consume 22 teaspoons of added sugars per day. Holy Moly! That’s nearly three times the lower daily limit recommended by the World Health Organization.
I think we all probably underestimate how much sugar is in the food and beverages we consume. That is one of the many good things about cooking your food from scratch. You know how much sugar is in your food because you put it there. Many prepared and packaged foods that we don’t even think about as having sugar, actually have high amounts of it.
With SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener we can reduce the amount of sugar we consume, but still satisfy our sweet tooth. I personally love to use SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener to sweeten my smoothies and I always use it in my coffee.
This time of year a Pumpkin Spice Smoothie is my favorite. It’s like pumpkin pie in a glass but full of good nutrition and no way near as much sugar or calories. Just mix pumpkin, some spices, a frozen banana, yogurt, skim milk (or you can use soy, almond, or cashew), and SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener together in a blender.
Since brown sugar goes so well with pumpkin, I sometimes use SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend which is a blend of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener and brown sugar.
A healthy Pumpkin Spice Smoothie with all the flavor of pumpkin pie.
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup skim milk (or can use soy, cashew, coconut, or almond)
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener or half the amount of SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 cinnamon graham cracker crushed
- spoonful of whipped topping, optional
- Combine all ingredients except graham cracker and whipped topping in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with graham cracker crumbs and whipped topping if using.