A warm and creamy pimiento cheese dip served with vegetable sticks and pita chips makes delicious party food. It’s also a great game day snack. Chilled pimiento cheese dip is popular to serve in the south during the warmer months, but this baked version is perfect for the winter.
This Baked Pimiento Cheese Dip may be one of the cheesiest dips ever. It’s loaded with cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, and cream cheese. Some hot pepper sauce and cayenne pepper gives it a little spice. Instead of just pimientos, this dip has a combo of roasted red peppers and pimientos which taste very similar, but I kind of prefer the flavor of roasted red peppers.
Baked Pimiento Cheese Dip could also be served with tortilla chips, potato chips, or crostini. Leftovers would be great on top of a burger. If you’re not serving a big crowd, cut the recipe in half. It makes a large quantity.
Be sure to shred your own cheese instead of using pre-shredded cheese. The flavor and the texture will be much better.
Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. We sure did. And I ate entirely too much Italian Cream Cake. I’m going to have to buckle down in the coming months and clean up my eating and get in a little more exercise or I’m going to have a belly to rival Santa’s.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (8-ounce) package pepper Jack, grated
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 (4-ounce) jars diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 2-quartbaking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and both cheeses. Use a wooden spoon to mix them together well.
- Place red peppers and pimientos on paper towels and pat out excess moisture. Roughly chop the peppers and add them along with pimientos to bowl.
- Add hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, sugar, and cayenne pepper and stir everything together.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish, place in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Recipe Source: adapted from Entertain Decorate Celebrate July/August 2013
More Pimiento Cheese Recipes